National Preparedness Month: Make a Plan for Yourself, Family, and Friends
National Preparedness Month
Week 1: Plan for Yourself, Family, and Friends
Plan Ahead for Disasters. Talk with your family!
Step 1: Put together a plan by discussing these 4 questions with your family, friends, or household to start your emergency plan.
- How will we receive emergency alerts and warnings? For information on how to sign up for the Riverside County Early Warning Notification System, please click here.
- What is our shelter plan?
- What is our evacuation route?
- What is our family/household communication plan?
Step 2: Consider specific needs in your household
Keep in mind some of these factors when developing your plan:
- Different ages of members within your household
- Responsibilities for assisting others
- Locations frequented
- Dietary needs
- Medical needs including prescriptions and equipment
- Disabilities or access and functional needs including devices and equipment
- Languages spoken
- Cultural and religious considerations
- Pets or service animals
Step 3: Fill out a 'Family Emergency Plan'
Download and fill out a family emergency plan or use them as a guide to create your own.
Step 4: Practice your plan with your family/household