PREPARE for Storms This Weekend
We have another storm expected to arrive tomorrow, February 10th, in the afternoon/evening through most of Saturday, February 11th. Here are some highlights from National Weather Service:
- Chino Valley expected rainfall = just under 1 inch
- Strong west winds in the mountains and deserts on Friday (20-30 mph with gusts up to 60 mph)
- Stronger winds out of the northeast expected late Saturday through Sunday (20-40 mph with gusts up to 80 mph)
- Highest amount of rainfall in Chino is expected between 4pm -10pm on Friday (0.49 inches during that time)
For a look at the expected forecast, see below:
Residents are encouraged to plan and prepare for the expected storms by following these tips:
- Clear debris from all roof drains, gutters, downspouts, yard drains, and private drainage channels.
- Allow extra time in your commute to work and/or school.
- Stay away from open storm drain channels and catch basins. James Huber Park and Harada Park serve as flood control detention basins and should not be accessed during heavy rainfall or while occupied with water.
- Stay away from downed power lines and electrical wires. Report downed electrical lines to the Southern California Edison at 1-800-611-1911.
- Do not attempt to cross a flowing stream of water. Even shallow water can sweep you off your feet.
- Do not drive through flooded streets and avoid needless trips. "Turn Around Don't Drown".
- Check your homeowner's or renter's insurance for flood insurance coverage. If none exists and your home is in a flood plain, contact your insurance agent to discuss coverage options.
- Keep your car fueled and ready to go and know alternate routes to and from your home and workplace.
- A suggested DETOUR MAP is available in the event of a Chino road closure.
As a courtesy to Eastvale residents, a limited quantity of prefilled sandbags is available free of charge at Fire Station #27 (7067 Hamner Ave., Eastvale, CA 92880).
Sandbags will be distributed as follows:
- Residents requesting sandbags must provide proof of Eastvale residency through a current utility bill and valid California’s Driver License/ Identification Card when picking up sandbags.
- 10 bags per Eastvale household will be distributed.
- Residents will be responsible for loading sandbags into their personal vehicle.
- Available while supplies last.
Additional flood preparedness information can be found on the City’s website at http://www.eastvaleca.gov/residents/emergency-preparedness/resources or by visiting https://www.ready.gov/floods.