Battery Charging Safety Tips
Post Date:12/19/2016 3:15 PM
Return to full list >>
The City of Eastvale and CAL Fire Riverside want to advise residents that leaving batteries on a charger for long periods of time can cause the charger to overheat and catch fire.
Please review these important safety tips before charging a battery:
- Keep sparks, flames, burning cigarettes and other ignition sources away at all times.
- Be sure the room is properly ventilated.
- Always wear protective safety goggles, gloves and an apron.
- If acid splashes into eyes, flush immediately with cold water.
- In case of acid spill, neutralize with baking soda.
- Do NOT attempt to charge batteries unless you are properly trained.
- NEVER leave charging batteries unattended.
- If you smell or see smoke or a fire immediately dial 9-1-1.